Youth Work Programmes
Impact is an informal education group work programme that can be used by professionals with young people across Cambridgeshire to support and develop learning against Cambridgeshire LSCB key priorities.
Impact is based on the original healthy relationships programme Daisy Chain. Working collaboratively, originators and developers of the original programme have explored current themes and issues to produce a new accredited standard programme that can be used to ensure all young people working with Cambridgeshire professionals can access this valuable and thought provoking education tool.
Impact focuses on the development of healthy relationships, their importance, how to create and maintain healthy and positive relationships and how to recognise negative or dangerous behaviours that compromise this and can put young people at risk. The following 5 key themes are explored to ensure knowledge and understanding that can support and educate young people to safeguard themselves and their peers:
· E-Safety, social media and on-line behaviours
· Domestic Abuse
· Aggressive sexualised behaviours
· Child Sexual Exploitation
The programme can be used flexibly to address and prioritise learning for young people and ensure their needs are met. Impact has been accredited through the SRE Gateway and works within the Gateway’s framework to ensure both young people and practitioners are supported and that safeguarding is paramount. As professionals we know that young people exploring significant themes in safe environments (where a significant and positive relationship has been established) can and does, lead to disclosures and a desire for further information and additional support.
It is essential that all practitioners delivering Impact:
- Engage in the Impact induction training session
- Have completed training around domestic abuse and child sexual exploitation
- Consent and sign the Impact delivery agreement which contains guidelines around keeping practitioners and young people safe and supported.
- Commit to the continued development of the programme to ensure its relevance and that learning from delivery and the youth voice is used to its full potential to implement relevant change.
- Have a commitment to continuing professional development as required.
To book Induction training for the Impact Training Programme, please contact:
Telephone: 01223 715492
To request access to the Impact Programme, please complete the Impact User Agreement Form below:
For support to decide if Impact is right for your group, please contact the Impact Programme Leaders: